Building a Top-Notch Platform is All About Customers
Building a high-performing platform is one hell of a job. It takes knowledge and research skills, but most importantly, it takes an amazing team of people who work together as a well-oiled machine and help each other every step of the way.
And if there is one most important thing that should be at the center of this process, it’s this:
Make your customers happy.
Happy customers are key to the success of any business. Ensure you exceed customer expectations and be responsive to their feedback. That’s our motto.
It’s all about the customers. Because if you don’t respect them, empathize with them and truly help them grow, they will leave you for someone who is ready to put in the effort. Sounds like a relationship, huh? Well, it is. And when it’s built on mutual respect you get beautiful messages like this one:
Building relationships with customers
There are several processes we have to ensure that our customers are happy and use our platform with ease. Sharing is caring, so here are our secrets:
1. We are laser-focused on providing exceptional customer service.
- We have a team of HOA experts who monitor customer requests and make sure they are answered in under 30 minutes. They not only work together with the client to understand and resolve their questions asap but also keep the client in the loop on all updates to ensure full transparency.
- We’ve been collecting all customer inquiries together with their feedback. Doing that allowed us to create a database of ways to help our customers. Sounds awesome, right? Well, it also allows us to help them FAST. And the customers appreciate it:
2. Feedback is important.
- Net promoter score (NPS) sounds very marketing-y and distant. Actually, it depends on how you do it. We use it as a starting point for our feedback collection.
- It starts with an email that our customer success team sends quarterly. It’s really just a button that our customers press to share how they feel about the platform and the team. We review the results and connect with customers to address concerns and clarify their questions.
- Our team conducts a 15-minute personal chat where we make sure to capture any ideas for improvement that our clients give us. The feedback is shared with the whole team, and we all sit down and figure out the best ways to make our customers’ lives easier.
3. Our communication is regular and transparent.
- As previously mentioned, we think transparency is important. This is why we have a pizza tracker on our platform and respond so quickly to requests.
- But that’s not all. We share our product updates with customers monthly. Our customer success team has regular catchups with clients to ensure they get the most out of the platform. They often manage to resolve customer questions directly in those catchups, which is impressive!
- We also do walkthroughs on the new product features for clients. They love it and say it helps their teams work more efficiently. And this is always highly praised:
This brings me to my next point, and probably the key to our success.
Customers drive the development of our platform
Our customers tend to have brilliant ideas and custom requests for the platform. And it makes sense because they are the ones using the platform the most. They ACTUALLY know best!
Many current features and recent updates that we’ve implemented are based on customer feedback and requests. And it’s the best way for us to improve our platform. Our engineering team is agile, and it takes them around one sprint to build a feature per customer request.
We want our platform to be tailored to our customers’ needs because, at the end of the day, we want them to be comfortable using it. Do we charge extra for it? No, we don’t!
It is our goal to build something that is intuitive, user-friendly, and yields great results. We help each other here: our customers give us feedback, and we give them exactly what they need.
This approach has brought us lots of loyal customers and referrals. And these little things our customers say to us warm our hearts:
This is a huge win for us – so THANK YOU for all you do!